Saturday, July 5, 2014

Going to Yaounde!

So... I know this is a little abnormal, but we received information that everyone that is going to Cameroon this transfer is leaving Monday morning. So, that means I will be leaving Monday morning.. haha So we probably won't get a chance to write home on Monday because we will be traveling. So it's officially official. I am going to Yaounde, Cameroon. I will be serving as a zone leader working with Elder Brockbank. We will be whitewashing. Which means that we are both new to the sector. So we'll see how that goes haha. It should be a good experience though. It will be fun to see Elder Brockbank again. Luckily I knew in advance that I was leaving so I was able to say goodbye to just about everyone. And we are going to attend a marriage this afternoon, so I'll get to take pictures with everyone before I leave. I am sad to leave Pointe Noire. I am leaving my sector in very good condition. There are 11 people that are scheduled to be baptized next month. I just hope that the elders that were serving in my next sector kept a good area book haha. 
To say goodbye and celebrate a little bit we all celebrated the 4th of July at our apartment yesterday night. That was really fun. We had hamburgers, hot dogs, potato salad, and apple pie. So it was nice and American. It was lots of fun. It will be hard to say goodbye to everyone. Especially because I know almost no one in Cameroon. But it will be nice to have an English speaking companion for the first time in 4 1/2 months! haha And Elder Brockbank and I know each other really well already. But to make everything even better. This week they are also getting a new senior couple. So we are going to have 2 zone leaders and a senior couple (who usually lead things like that) that have no idea where anything is haha. But it will be a good experience. This last transfer we accomplished a lot of really good things. Elder Ralison is going to email to let me know when our investigators get baptized so that we can add them to the list. By the way, my next sector is called Ekounou C. It will be a little different than what I'm used to because they have a district there already! That will be really cool. Anyway, I don't have a lot of time to write today... So have a great week!
Apple Pie

Elder Gardner and Elder VanAusdal cooking for 4th of July

Home made hot dog buns! Impressive Elder VanAusdal!

Elder Garland cooking hamburgers. Elder VanAusdal making the caramel sauce for his apple pie.

Time to Eat!

No comments:

Post a Comment